Your Partner For Roof Inspections
Your roof is unlikely to achieve its full life expectancy without regular preventive maintenance. Investing a few hours each year to have your roof inspected so that minor problems are identified and repaired before they can become major problems is well worth the time and trouble. The expense pales compared to the cost of having to replace your roof prematurely.
Our years of experience in the roofing industry enable us to find things in our thorough and complete inspections that you might otherwise miss. Your roof is one of your biggest investments, protect it by ensuring its inspection is done right the first time with our reliable crew dedicated to meeting or exceeding your expectations.
What’s Included in a Roof Inspection?
- We’ll examine the overall appearance of the roof to see if there is any surface deterioration or physical damage.
- We’ll do a thorough examination of your attic for evidence of issues from the inside.
- We’ll look for any evidence of ceiling cracks and leaks inside of your home.
- We’ll inspect the condition of the gutters, fascia and drains as well as any skylights, chimneys and roof vents you have.
- We’ll look for curled, broken or missing shingles.
- We’ll search for areas where water may collect including “roof valleys”.
- We’ll identify damaged or missing flashing points.
- We’ll provide you with a detailed report including pictures.
Attic Is Important Too
Hot and cold air escaping through your attic is the cost of more money thrown away than any other place in the home! Just because your home may be new, remember it’s most likely built only to code, or even under code – and that’s not good. Consider adding attic insulation. If you are getting your roof replaced we can also add insulation at the same time while we have easy access from the outside.
Reasons for an Attic Inspection
- Inadequate Attic Insulation – It’s worthwhile to check how your attic was insulated. Was it blown in insulation or laying fiberglass batts? What is the R value? Understanding this can help you understand if you can save money on heating and cooling costs by improving it.
- Damage to Trusses & Rafters – An inspection can uncover stress cracks that could lead to a loss of integrity.
- Previous Fire Damage – It’s important to know about it, we’ll look for signs of previous fire damage such as discoloured or painted over rafters.
- Water Damage – Water flows from the top down, rarely does it enter a home sideways. Our inspectors will look for stains on the wood supports or walls that can provide important evidence that water has leaked or is currently leaking somewhere through the roof.
- Wildlife Damage – Lots of animals including squirrels, raccoons, possums and other rodents will often enter attics through the eaves or loose boards and they can cause considerable damage. squirrels can gnaw through your insulation and they can also chew through plastic coating to expose bare electrical wires, a significant fire risk that can be avoided with a thorough roof inspection.
Contact Us For A Complete Roof & Attic Inspection
If you need a thorough and professional roof inspection including attic and are located in Southern Ontario as far east as Mississauga and Brampton, as far west as Kitchener, Cambridge and Brantford and as far south as Hamilton and Stoney Creek, you can count on Dependable Roofing to be your best bet to get the job done right.
Call us toll free at 866-322-6268 or fill in our contact form and we can tell you more.